Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to view volumes per client?

2010-07-06 17:15:22
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to view volumes per client?
From: Charlie Reddington <charlie.reddington AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 16:12:19 -0500
On Jul 6, 2010, at 10:25 AM, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> On 07/06/10 10:58, Charlie Reddington wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I backup to to file storage. I also create a new volume for every
>> backup job. So for a client I may have Full-0001,  Diff-0001, and
>> Incr-0001, Incr-0002, Incr-0003.
>>
>> Recently we found that our volume retention was WAY to long, and I
>> wanted to purge some volumes and get some free space on the
>> filesystem
>> again. I found it difficult to find which volumes went to where , and
>> I figured I am just missing something.
>>
>> I basically went back through my email logs, looked for the jobs
>> for a
>> client and what volume they wrote. Purged them and then removed them
>> from the disk. There has to be a easier way, and I assume a better
>> way
>> inside of bconsole.
>>
>> I had thought this may be a good one to use the sql query ability of
>> bconsole, but I am not 100% certain.
>
> There exists a console function to list the jobs contained on a
> volume,
> grasshopper.  It is readily accessible from the Pools listing in
> BAT, if
> you don't want to do it from bconsole.

sqlquery seems to be what I want. I used a query like this to get the
basic info I want. I think a bit more tweaking I can make this very
useful for us.

select Job.Name, Job.JobID, JobMedia.MediaID, Media.VolumeName from
Job, JobMedia, Media WHERE Job.JobID = JobMedia.JobID AND
JobMedia.MediaID = Media.MediaID ORDER BY Job.Name;

This gets you the server name | job ID | media ID | Volume name. It's
nearly a cut and paste from some documentation I found. ->
https://www.cs.drexel.edu/node/12576
  except I order by host.

Thanks,

Charlie