Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula is using half size of lto2 tapes

2010-07-06 02:59:05
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula is using half size of lto2 tapes
From: Koldo Santisteban <ksantisteban AT gmail DOT com>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 08:55:45 +0200
Thanks for your answer John. Please, could you tell me detailed info about differences between /dev/st0 and /dev/nst0 ?? I don´t know anything about this...

Regrads!

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 3:14 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
2010/7/5 Koldo Santisteban <ksantisteban AT gmail DOT com>:
> Good morning
>
> I am using Bacula 5.0.2 on CentOS 5.4. We have 2 robotic libraries, one HP
> G2 autoloader and an Adic FastStor 2. Both are using HP Lto2 Drives.
> On the HP library, all is working fine, tapes are marked as full when 265 Gb
> are written on them , but the issue is on Adic, the tapes are marked as full
> when 110 Gb are written on them. I don´t know what can i modify on bacula
> configuration in order to solve it.

This is most likely not a configuration issue. However I see two
unrelated problems in your configuration.

" Action On Purge = Truncate" I believe is for disk pools.

Also replace /dev/st0 with /dev/nst0. /dev/st0 can cause your tapes to
be corrupted by being rewound without bacula knowing.

> Before Bacula, i were using Backup Exec
> and Adic was working fine with their tape corresponding capacity.
>
> This are (in my opinion, let me know please if further information is
> required) the most important configurations:

Bacula believes a tape is full if it hits any errors when writing.
Check your dmesg output for scsi errors.

John