Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] SIS on Microsoft Storage Server

2010-07-01 05:41:09
Subject: [Bacula-users] SIS on Microsoft Storage Server
From: "Beck J Mr" <james.beck AT shunsley.eril DOT net>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 10:38:26 +0100
Hi,

We have two HP StorageWorks servers which are running Microsoft Storage
Server Service Pack 2. For those who don't know this is a version of
Windows Server 2008 which is stripped out and optimized for serving
files. It also has the option of using Microsoft's implementation of
Single Instance Storage.

There is a service which runs and check the hashes of files of a
configured drive. Any files that match are copied to a central location
and a pointer file is created in  place of the original.

My problem is that Bacula appears to back up the pointer file only and
not the actual contents of the file.

Is there anything in Bacula I can set to change this behaviour, or do I
need to log a feature/bug request?

Regards,

James Beck
Network Manager

South Hunsley School
Tel: 01482 636719
Email: james.beck AT shunsley.eril DOT net