Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Upgrade path from 2.4.x to 5.0.x

2010-04-27 09:29:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Upgrade path from 2.4.x to 5.0.x
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 14:25:57 +0100

> On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 20:06:43 +0200, Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT
> com>
> wrote:
>
> > I suggest checking your current db version by
> > select * from version;
>
> Version 10.
>
> Is Bacula 2.4.4 dir/sd compatible with a newer database layout (11, 12,
> whatever?) or do I need to update the dir/sd executables at the same time?

They are incompatible so you must do it at the same time.  I suggest making a
dump of the database first, because there is no way to undo the update
scripts.

> > and then running the appropriate scripts from the updatedb directory of
> > the source code (not the compiled packages) and then the one from 5.0.1
> > (which is not the updatedb directory).
>
> I see some .in files which look like template scripts, I presume I need to
> 'make' before these are filled in?

I think you need to run configure with the appropriate args, rather than make.

It might be easier to do it by hand, replacing @SQL_BINDIR@ and @db_name@ by
the appropriate values (something like /usr/bin and bacula).

__Martin