Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 5.0.1, CentOS5.4 and BAT...not working

2010-04-25 01:16:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 5.0.1, CentOS5.4 and BAT...not working
From: Norberto Meijome <numardbsd AT gmail DOT com>
To: MoreDakka <jhenry AT 3cis DOT biz>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 15:13:35 +1000

On 24 April 2010 07:10, MoreDakka <jhenry AT 3cis DOT biz> wrote:

Hi all,

So I've been able to get bacula working on CentOS5.4 quite easily and
accessing the tapes..etc..  However I cannot, for the life of me, get BAT
working at all.  This is what i used for the ./configure:

./configure --enable-smartalloc --enable-bat --enable-bwx-console
--enable-tray-monitor --with-mysql     --enable-conio
--with-qwt=/usr/include/qwt/

Under /etc/bacula there is no bat script at all.  Can someone please help me
find out what I'm doing wrong here?

Hello,
i strongly suggest you use the bacula-bat src.rpm and build from it a new RPM. I have it working nicely on 5.3 / 4 ,64bit.

I am not sure if the bundled .spec builds with the specific options you need, but you can always add them to the config line inside the spec...
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is
not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure
where they are going to land, and it could be
dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead."
  [RFC1925 - section 2, subsection 3]