Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Idea/suggestion for dedicated disk-based sd

2010-04-07 19:07:50
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Idea/suggestion for dedicated disk-based sd
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: Robert LeBlanc <robert AT leblancnet DOT us>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 19:05:34 -0400
On 04/07/10 18:52, Robert LeBlanc wrote:
> I didn't think about the copy/migration jobs (I'm using them), and
> that would be a problem. It seems for this to take off, the
> copy/migration between SDs will have to be implemented. We would have
> to look at the stream as a copy/migration is happening, i believe that
> the record blocks are being rewritten with a new jobid and time, so it
> seems that the data is already being reconstructed an rewritten. The
> disk SD would have the provide the same stream from the hierarchical
> file system and be able to take the reconstructed stream and build a
> hierarchical file system from it. The question I have is what is the
> barrier for implementing inter-sd copy/migration jobs?

Technically speaking, the major step required to implement it would be
to enable an SD to connect and communicate directly to another SD,
something for which at present there is no provision.  With that out of
the way, implementing cross-SD copy-and-migrate would probably be fairly
trivial.

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.