Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backup Strategy for Laptops

2010-04-02 15:07:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backup Strategy for Laptops
From: Jayson Broughton <jbroughton AT truecos DOT com>
To: "Avarca, Anthony" <aavarca AT anl DOT gov>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 12:50:38 -0600
We back up about 200 workstation clients currently backing up, I would
say out of that; 80 of them are laptops.  I found that rescheduling the
backup on failure seems to work with a 10 hour window.  This is added to
a JobDefs as such:
This way, when a user comes in later on in the day and missed their
first backup, if they are online on the next 'reschedule', the backup
will kick off and life will go on as normal.  I also have the priority
levels of laptops set higher on the foodchain than desktops.  So that
laptop clients are backed up before desktop clients (users can leave
their desktops on at night).

Reschedule On Error = yes
  Reschedule Interval = 1 hours
  Reschedule Times = 10

Hope this helps!

~Jayson

On Fri, 2010-04-02 at 11:15 -0600, Avarca, Anthony wrote:
> All,
>

> I'm using bacula to backup desktop and laptop clients. The desktops
> work well with a schedule, but laptops are another story. Does anyone
> have a strategy to backup laptops? Is it possible to have the user
> trigger a backup?
>

> Any feedback is welcomed.
>

> Anthony Avarca
> aavarca AT anl DOT gov
> 630.252.4940

The information in this electronic mail message and any attached files is
confidential and may be legally privileged.  If you are not the intended
recipient, delete this message and contact the sender immediately.  Access to
this message by anyone other than its intended recipient is unauthorized.  You
must not use or disseminate this information as it is proprietary property of
the True companies.  Communications on or through the True companies' computer
systems may be monitored or recorded to secure effective system operation and
for other lawful purposes.  Thank you.