Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula on RH 7.3

2010-04-02 05:37:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula on RH 7.3
From: Marko Gabud <marko.gabud AT metronet DOT hr>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 11:35:45 +0200
On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 19:49 +0100, Martin Simmons wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > did anyone manage to build RPM of bacula 5 on redhat 7.3?
> >
> > I'm trying for some time now without success.
> >
> > This is the output that I get when trying:
> >
> > rpm -bb --define "build_rh7 1" bacula.spec
> > error: parse error in expression
> > error: /root/bacula/bacula-5.0.1/platforms/rpm/bacula.spec:108:
> > parseExpressionBoolean returns -1
> >
> > Line 108 in bacula.spec file is:
> > %if 0%{?fedora_version} || 0%{?rhel_version} || 0%{?centos_version}
> >

> > What am I doing wrong?
>
> I suspect it is because redhat 7.3 uses an older version of rpm that doesn't
> support this syntax.
>
> It might be possible to make the bacula.spec work, but you'll need to edit it
> carefully.
>
> Can you build from the tar file instead of using rpm?
>
> __Martin

I could build from tar file but we prefer using packages in ourp
roduction enviroment.

Could you direct me to some documentation where I could try to discover
how spec files work?

For now I will try to get spec file from an old version of bacula that
was available on RH 7.3 and try to see what has changed.

Marko