Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Pool to Pool Migration or Copy within the same storage - Fatal error

2010-04-01 05:11:04
Subject: [Bacula-users] Pool to Pool Migration or Copy within the same storage - Fatal error
From: Ronald Buder <rbuder AT proficom-ag DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 10:53:21 +0200
Hi,

this has most likely been asked before but on the short run I cannot seem to
find anything in the archives nor the documentation. I remember that we here
have pondered about this in the past and have not come to a solution:

Say you have a backup that ran into a backup pool with a 30 day volume
retention and you, for whatever reasons, need this specific job to be moved to
another volume with a 3 months retention time. This is entirely doable, you
might say, using the Migration feature, a great thing which we've been using
for more than 2 years now, to migrate jobs from a disk to a tape storage.
However if you try to migrate jobs within the tape storage (a SL500 in this
case, for the curious) you will be greeted with a "Fatal error: Read storage
"SL500-1" same as write storage." I now could go about migrating back to the
disk storage (or an adequate pool in our second SL500 tape lib, for that
matter) and then into the target pool on the SL500-1-storage again, but that
kind of defies the purpose of migrating or copying, doesn't it?

Any suggestions? Or am I missing something?

We're currently running a 3.0.2. Anyone know how this is being handled in 5?
--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen

Ronald Buder

Tel.: +49(351)440080
Fax: +49(351)4400818
Mobil: +49(179)3218366
Email: rbuder AT proficom-ag DOT de
web: www.proficom-ag.de

profi.com AG business solutions
Firmensitz: Stresemannplatz 3, 01309 Dresden
Buero Berlin: Potsdamer Platz 11, 10785 Berlin
Buero Muenchen: Romanstrasse 22, 80639 Muenchen

Amtsgericht Dresden, HRB 23438
Vorstand: Heiko Worm, Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Friedrich Geise

KEY-ID: 22348711