Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] rotating tapes without administrator intervention

2010-02-25 11:54:41
Subject: [Bacula-users] rotating tapes without administrator intervention
From: David Koski <david AT kosmosisland DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 08:50:54 -0800
Is it possible to configure bacula to automatically know what tapes to back up
to when tapes are rotated?  For weekly backups the operator will change tapes
but my experience is bacula refuses to back up to the tapes rotated in even
though they are in the same pool.  I have found this link:

https://typo3.digipen.edu/index.php?id=1240

..which says removed tapes have to have their status changed manually.  This
seems rather complicated just to change out tapes periodically.

Regards,
David Koski
david AT kosmosisland DOT com