Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] How to make "setip" console command work?

2010-02-21 19:50:45
Subject: [Bacula-users] How to make "setip" console command work?
From: Marc Schiffbauer <marc AT schiffbauer DOT net>
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 01:45:11 +0100
Hi all,

does anybody have an idea of what I must do to be able to use the
"setip" command from within a client's console?

I can access the director through a console on the client:

# On Director (bacula-dir.conf):
Director {
  Name = lisa-dir
[...]
  Password = "password1"
}
----------------
# On the client (bconsole.conf):
Director {
  Name = lisa-dir
[...]
  Password = "password1"
}

from the client:

Connecting to Director lisa:9101
1000 OK: lisa-dir Version: 5.0.0 (26 January 2010)
Enter a period to cancel a command.
[ all kinds of commands working, but: ]
*setip
Unauthorized command from this console.
*

What console rsources must I set up and how?

I already tried this in bacula-dir.conf:
Console {
  Name = bart-fd
  Password = "password2"
  CommandACL = SetIP  # I also tried 'setip' (lowercase)
}

 and with this in bconsole.conf on the client:

Console {
  Director = lisa-dir
  Name = bart-fd
  Password = "password2"
}

Now, I cannot do anything on the director from the client:

client:# bconsole
Connecting to Director lisa:9101
1000 OK: lisa-dir Version: 5.0.0 (26 January 2010)
Enter a period to cancel a command.
*setip
Unauthorized command from this console.
*status
status: is an invalid command.
*help
help: is an invalid command.
*

So it seems to use the new configuration where only "setip" should work, not?

TIA
-Marc
--
8AAC 5F46 83B4 DB70 8317  3723 296C 6CCA 35A6 4134