Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Building SRPM on CentOS 5.4 issues [SOLVED]

2010-02-19 11:16:54
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Building SRPM on CentOS 5.4 issues [SOLVED]
From: "Gabriel - IP Guys" <Gabriel AT impactteachers DOT com>
To: "shouldbe q931" <shouldbeq931 AT googlemail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 16:14:02 -0000
Thank you for the doc. All I needed to do was to make sure I installed the
following below (some packages had obviously had already been previously
installed)

yum install autoconf automake e2fsprogs-devel gcc-c++ glibc-devel glibc-headers
kernel-devel krb5-devel libacl-devel libgomp libstdc++-devel libtermcap-devel
libxml2-devel lsscsi m4 make mt-st mysql mysql-devel mysql-server ncurses
ncurses-devel openssl-devel perl-DBI php php-gettext php-pear qt4 qt4-devel
redhat-rpm-config rpm-build rpm-devel rpm-libs screen zlib-devel

followed by

yum install qwt qwt-devel wxGTK

(for the above command, I believe you will need to install the EPEL repo on
centos, which is off topic for this list)

As you mentioned in your wiki entry, you'd not been able to trim it down, I
wasn't either, it just worked with all those dependencies covered.

rpmbuild --rebuild --define "build_centos5 1" --define "build_mysql5 1"
--define "build_bat 1" --define "build_wzconsole 1" bacula-5.0.0-1.src.rpm

was the command required to build my RPM's which installed without a hitch.
Because I was doing an upgrade, I had to run the update scripts, I didn't
notice the RPMs run the script for me, but once done, I bounced the bacula
services, fired up bconsole, to my delight, I saw I was running bacula 5.0.0 :)

Thank you for all the list help