Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] FreeBSD 8.0 bacula-client 'make config' options

2010-02-18 06:15:08
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] FreeBSD 8.0 bacula-client 'make config' options
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 11:12:56 GMT

> Hello,
>
> While configuring the 'make config' options, I see that there isn't any
> option to disable the libtool option. I wish to create a statically linked
> bacula client which requires disabling the libtool option. When I attempt to
> do:
>
> ./configure --disable-libtool
>
> it complains of not being told whether it's a client-only install or not.

You need to add --enable-client-only as the message says.

> Looking at the make config options, I see that, by default, the 'Native
> Language Support via gettext utilities' checkbox is checked. What is the
> command line parameter for that?

Look in the port Makefile and you will find that it uses --enable-nls.

> Why isn't the 'disable libtool' option not listed in the make config
> options?

Because noone added it yet?  It is also non-trivial to make it an option
because it affects pkg-plist.  The output of 'make config' is the list of
items in the OPTIONS variable, which is not the same thing as the arguments to
configure.

__Martin