Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Experience with bacula-sd on windows

2010-02-11 08:01:47
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Experience with bacula-sd on windows
From: "James Harper" <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
To: "Koldo Santisteban" <ksantisteban AT gmail DOT com>, <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 23:38:07 +1100
> Good morning
>
> I am very grateful if someone could explain me about his experiences
on this
> environment. I have a windows server with an adic faststor with hp
lto2
> drives. Using internal hard drives with bacula 3.0.3a is working fine,
but i
> havent get to use the library and/or the tapes.
> If someone has experience on this environment on linux, i wish to
heard about
> it too, i can install a small linux destop in order to get it working
(but it
> will be the last choice).
> Best regards and thanks in advance.

I use bacula-sd under windows with both disk and tape. Disk works okay
but seems slower than Linux. Tape gave me nothing but problems - writes
just randomly fail although retrying seems to work okay. I would
recommend that you devote a Linux machine to your director and sd.
Windows is only supported for fd.

James