Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bacula-fd service 1067 error windows

2010-02-08 16:44:41
Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula-fd service 1067 error windows
From: eMJay <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 16:42:08 -0500
Hello,
when I finally managed to get my bacula server working, I've installed win
client and thought that everything will run fine. I've installed 2.4.4 bacula
windows client (I know there is already 5.0.0, but it's not compatible with
2.4.4 server). As I tried to run the service it suddenly stopped and displayed
warning with 1067 error. In events log I found:
Bacula-fd error: 1063 at ../libwin32/service.cpp:174;
StartServiceCtrlDispatcher failed.
and it also said something like that the service can't connect to network
controller.
I've tried to run it on Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 and in both cases
there is the same problem. There are running plenty more services (mysql db,
webserver...) on each of those machines and they are working with no problems.
My bacula-fd.conf:

FileDaemon {
  Name = sk0750n2-fd
  FDport = 9102
  WorkingDirectory = "C://Documents and Settings//All Users//Data
aplikací//Bacula//Work"
  Pid Directory = "C://Documents and Settings//All Users//Data
aplikací//Bacula//Work"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 2
}
Director {
  Name = sk0750n4-dir
  Password = "somepassword"
}
Director {
  Name = sk0750n2-mon
  Password = "someotherpassword"
  Monitor = yes
}
Messages {
  Name = Standard
  director = sk0750n4-dir = all, !skipped, !restored
}

Bacula 5.0.0 worked fine, but I can't use it in fact that it's not compatible
with bacula 2.4.4 server. I want 2.4.4, although it's older version, because
I've had big problems with getting bacula5-server work.

Thanks everybody for help,
Michal