Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Fwd: Some issues on 5.0.0 srpm

2010-02-07 14:32:32
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Fwd: Some issues on 5.0.0 srpm
From: Scott Barninger <scott AT barninger DOT com>
To: "Timo Neuvonen" <timo-news AT tee-en DOT net>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 14:32:45 -0500
On Sunday 07 February 2010 02:13:29 pm Timo Neuvonen wrote:

> Output of the above attached. What came into my mind... is the test in line
> 100 in the attachment (similar to the one I highlighted above with *******)
> wrong way:
>
> elif [ "$DB_VER" -lt "11" ]; then
>     echo "This release requires an upgrade to your bacula database."
>
> Does this skip the update, if the old level was 11? A long time since I had
> shell scripts for breakfast, but I read that
> "if database version is less than 11 then run the update..."
> I think it should run when equal to 11?

My bad. When I was making the updates I got sqlite and postgresql but somehow
missed mysql in the post. You are correct  but it should be:

elif [ "$DB_VER" -lt "12" ]; then

Thanks for your help. It will be fixed for the next release. For all users
upgrading with the 5.0.0 be warned that the mysql database update is broken
and you must do it manually.

Regards,

Scott