Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Building CentOS 5 RPMs for Bacula 5.0.0-1

2010-02-03 12:16:40
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Building CentOS 5 RPMs for Bacula 5.0.0-1
From: Moray Henderson <Moray.Henderson AT ict-software DOT org>
To: <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 17:13:45 +0000
Scott Courtney wrote:
>I'd like to suggest that the spec file created during this process
>should be renamed from bacula.spec to bacula-5.0.0.spec, because in my
>case I was trying to keep an existing Bacula 3.0.3 build intact.

That's not the way you're supposed to do things with rpm.  There are a few
things that you're not supposed to do in rpm which would be quite convenient -
and several more that rpm does which would be better done in other ways.  But
this isn't the list to discuss that :-)

Moray.
"To err is human.  To purr, feline"