Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Post-upgrade, from 2.4.4 to 3.0.2, bconsole is hung up.

2010-02-03 01:37:42
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Post-upgrade, from 2.4.4 to 3.0.2, bconsole is hung up.
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 07:34:02 +0100
Hi Mike, just check if you have a running & valid smtp ( those used by bstmp )
There's a know problem with this. It has been corrected in v5

(In my case, I've a throttling postfix, which hangs bacula-dir)

On 02/03/2010 07:14 AM, Mike Seda wrote:
> All,
> I'm currently experiencing the hung bconsole issue, as well.
>
> No modifications were made to my system recently.
>
> After a couple of days, bconsole just doesn't respond anymore.
>
> I just get the following...
>
> [mseda@backup0 ~]$ sudo /usr/sbin/bconsole -d 200
> Password:
> Connecting to Director localhost:9101
> bconsole: bsock.c:221-0 Current host[ipv4:127.0.0.1:9101] All
> host[ipv4:127.0.0.1:9101]
> bconsole: bsock.c:155-0 who=Director daemon host=localhost port=9101
> Director authorization problem.
> Most likely the passwords do not agree.
> If you are using TLS, there may have been a certificate validation error
> during the TLS handshake.
> Please see
> http://www.bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Bacula_Freque_Asked_Questi.html#SECTION003760000000000000000
>
> for help.
>
> Restarting bacula-dir fixes the problem, but this is not an acceptable
> solution.
>
> Has anyone out there resolved this issue w/o downgrading to a 2.x.x
> version? And could upgrading to 5.0.0 help?
>
> My server setup is:
> Bacula 3.0.3 (x86_64, RPMs, MySQL Catalog)
> CentOS 5.4 (x86_64)
> HP MSL2024 (SAS, 1 HP LTO-4 Drive)
>
> Mike

     Bruno Friedmann

Ioda-Net Sàrl
  2830 Vellerat - Switzerland

  Tél : ++41 32 435 7171
  Fax : ++41 32 435 7172
  gsm : ++41 78 802 6760
  www.ioda-net.ch

 Centre de Formation et de Coaching En Ligne
 www.cfcel.com