Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Purged volume move to Default pool !!!

2010-02-02 23:31:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Purged volume move to Default pool !!!
From: haridas n <haridas.nss AT gmail DOT com>
To: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 09:57:02 +0530
Hi,

Thanks Phil Stracchino ....

Yes , now the recycling work with out any problem. I added the following parameters to each of my client pools , in which Recycle Pool=pool-name helps to retain the recycled volumes with in the pool itself.

extra properties added to each pool are (IN Bold characters )
Pool
  {
    Name = client-pool
    Pool Type = Backup
    Recycle = yes
   AutoPrune = yes

 Volume Retention = 6 days
 Volume Use Duration=7 days
 Recycle Pool= client-pool
 LabelFormat = "client-vol-"

 Maximum Volumes = 3
 Recycle Oldest Volume = yes

   }

I think the recycling of volumes will not disturb me again ;)

Thanks,
Haridas N.

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 12:25 AM, Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net> wrote:
On 01/28/10 23:44, haridas n wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> There is no such a resource parameter(RecyclePool = Default ) in my
> bacula-dir.conf any where.
> Below pool resource is the default template for all my clients.I'm using
> different  pool for each client.
>

> Pool
>   {
>  Name = clientname-pool
>  Pool Type = Backup
>  Recycle = yes
>  AutoPrune = yes
>  Volume Retention = 30 days
>  Volume Use Duration=15 days
>    }

In that case, try adding:  Recycle Pool = clientname-pool

That should solve the problem.

--
 Phil Stracchino, CDK#2     DoD#299792458     ICBM: 43.5607, -71.355
 alaric AT caerllewys DOT net   alaric AT metrocast DOT net   phil AT co.ordinate DOT org

Have a nice day.......