Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] One Backup OK - Others Hang

2010-02-02 13:19:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] One Backup OK - Others Hang
From: Drew Tomlinson <drew AT mykitchentable DOT net>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 10:17:36 -0800
John Drescher wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 1:08 PM, Drew Tomlinson <drew AT mykitchentable DOT
> net> wrote:

>>> Run the director from the shell with
>>>
>>> -d 100 -c /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf
>>>
>>> And see if there is anything suspicious in the output.
>>>
>>> John
>>>

> Wait a minute. Are you sending emails after each job?
>
> John

Ahhh...  Maybe.  It's the default dir.conf that I only modified a little
for testing.  However this is in the dir.conf:

# Reasonable message delivery -- send most everything to email address
#  and to the console
Messages {
  Name = Standard
#
# NOTE! If you send to two email or more email addresses, you will need
#  to replace the %r in the from field (-f part) with a single valid
#  email address in both the mailcommand and the operatorcommand.
#  What this does is, it sets the email address that emails would display
#  in the FROM field, which is by default the same email as they're being
#  sent to.  However, if you send email to more than one address, then
#  you'll have to set the FROM address manually, to a single address.
#  for example, a 'no-reply AT mydomain DOT com', is better since that tends to
#  tell (most) people that its coming from an automated source.

#
  mailcommand = "/usr/sbin/bsmtp -h localhost -f \"\(Bacula\) \<%r\>\"
-s \"Bacula: %t %e of %c %l\" %r"
  operatorcommand = "/usr/sbin/bsmtp -h localhost -f \"\(Bacula\)
\<%r\>\" -s \"Bacula: Intervention needed for %j\" %r"
  mail = root@localhost = all, !skipped
  operator = root@localhost = mount
  console = all, !skipped, !saved
#
# WARNING! the following will create a file that you must cycle from
#          time to time as it will grow indefinitely. However, it will
#          also keep all your messages if they scroll off the console.
#
  append = "/var/lib/bacula/log" = all, !skipped
  catalog = all
}

#
# Message delivery for daemon messages (no job).
Messages {
  Name = Daemon
  mailcommand = "/usr/sbin/bsmtp -h localhost -f \"\(Bacula\) \<%r\>\"
-s \"Bacula daemon message\" %r"
  mail = root@localhost = all, !skipped
  console = all, !skipped, !saved
  append = "/var/lib/bacula/log" = all, !skipped
}

I can try commenting all that out and see what happens.

Thanks,

Drew