Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] ClientTroubleShootHelp

2010-01-31 11:15:05
Subject: [Bacula-users] ClientTroubleShootHelp
From: Tommy <tommyratliff AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 08:11:50 -0800
New to bacula

Ubuntu9.10 (Karmic..)
bacula 2.4.4
mysql

Director runs on machine dell.xxx.xxx as dell-dir
  dell-fd and dell-sd test backups run fine
Client (5.0.x) runs on thinky.xxx.xxx as thinky-fd

Output of bconsole status

You have messages.
*
31-Jan 07:13 dell-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: File daemon at "thinky:9102" rejected Hello command
*
telnet to thinky:9102 is OK so I think all ports are available.

Passwords are the same.

Does the Client version have to match the Director version?

If so

I have a Windows 7 laptop that I want to add as a Client after I get this XP client working so is the 2.4.4 Windows client the way to go or should I (try) to compile the 5.0 Bacula from source?  And is there a 5.0 source Ubuntu .deb that anyone can point me to 'cause I don't really know what I'm doing on the source compiling?

thanks