Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Run Before Job parameter

2010-01-26 05:34:12
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Run Before Job parameter
From: Personal Técnico <tecnicos AT caos.uab DOT es>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 11:31:23 +0100
Hi,

I have modified my check-client script as following:

#! /bin/bash
jobClient=$1
if ( echo "sta client=${jobClient}" | bconsole | grep -v -q "Failed to connect to Client" ); then
        exit 0
else
        exit 1
fi

With this script, if client is on, backup runs with no problem, but if client is off, bacula-dir is trying to connect during 15 minutes... What I want to avoid is this: waiting 15 minutes. If job has a "Run Before Job" parameter and it returns "1" (client is off), I thought job was cancelled inmediatly it started:
  1. first it was scheduled at time X:Y
  2. after scheduling, it was started at X:(Y+any minutes) (depending previous scheduled jobs)
  3. but if client is not accessible, job is cancelled at X:(Y+any minutes + some seconds).

My job definition is:
Job {
  Name = "Backup-Portatil-Tecnicos"
  JobDefs = "Usuarios"
  FileSet = "Usuario-Windows"
  Client = client-fd
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/bacula/client.bsr"
  Pool = Portatil-Tecnicos
  Enabled = yes
  Messages = Admin
  Max Run Time = 1h
  Run Before Job = "/etc/bacula/scripts/check-status-client-NEW.sh '%c'"
}

Where is my configuration problem?

Thanks.