Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Encryption errors

2010-01-21 15:41:38
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Encryption errors
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 20:28:21 GMT

> Hi everyone,
>
> Client/Server both 3.02 on linux x64
>
> I have made some encrypted backups from my client, I can successfully
> recover from the backup using bconsole. When I try to simulate a machine
> crash, by using another machine with the keys and config from the original
> client, I get the following errors on restoration of files. The files appear
> to restore correctly regardless of the error relating to the encryption
> missing.
>
> http://pastebin.ca/1759144 and http://pastebin.ca/1759151 ( most recent )
>
> Is there any way to resolve this issue? Or is it normal since the machine
> has changed? I have found very little relating to this issue in the
> archives.

The "Missing cryptographic signature" message is generated after the file has
been restored, which is why the files appear OK.  I'm not sure why that would
happen, but it means that restore failed to find the signature that should
have been generated when the file was backed up.  Maybe the PKI configuration
is incorrect or you changed it between backup and restore?

__Martin