Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] profiling a backup job

2010-01-15 06:29:56
Subject: [Bacula-users] profiling a backup job
From: Gavin McCullagh <gavin.mccullagh AT gcd DOT ie>
To: Bacula Users List <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 11:27:12 +0000
Hi,

is there any facility of profiling a job in bacula.  By that I mean, being
able to gather information on the time taken for parts of the backups.

I can see a job is taking a long time (on a senior staff member's laptop)
and I can look at the status and see that it's spending large amounts of
time in certain parts of the disk.  However, this is just by running
"status client=....." now and then which is not very accurate.

Is there some way to profile a backup to see how long it spends in
different parts of the filesystem and tell what's taking so long?  We're
running incremental backups with the "accurate" option which may be part of
the trouble.

Gavin