Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Job modifications in bconsole being ignored by 3.0.3?

2010-01-14 10:13:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Job modifications in bconsole being ignored by 3.0.3?
From: John Jorgensen <jorgnsn AT cs.uregina DOT ca>
To: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 21:15:58 -0600

    alaric> Actually, I have a suspicion I may know what's going
    alaric> on here, with more thought.  Is it perhaps the case
    alaric> that 'modify Pool' in the console on a manually
    alaric> started job overrides the Pool directive in the Job,
    alaric> but NOT the Full/Differential/Incremental Backup Pool
    alaric> directives...?

That is a hypothesis that I have also made to explain my
observations, but not something I've every established
definitively by reference either to source code or documentation
(we're still running Bacula 2.4.3, though, so my experience might
be dated).

John Jorgensen