Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] problem restoring directory permissions

2010-01-12 20:09:15
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] problem restoring directory permissions
From: Mark Nienberg <gmane AT tippingmar DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 17:05:18 -0800
On 1/12/10 11:03 AM, Martin Simmons wrote:

> Did you mark the directories to be restored or only the files?  I think the
> problem could occur if you only restored the files.

In bconsole I marked the directories, which then marks the files inside
by default.  I also did a restore using the BAT gui with the same results.

> What was the "Replace" setting for the restore?  At some point, restoring with
> Replace not set to always would cause problems with the directory permissions,
> but that might have been fixed.

In my test I used Replace Never. Testing now again with Replace Always
works perfectly!  I'll reopen the bug report now that it should be
reproducible.

Thank you so much for your help! I'd never of found that.

Mark