Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backup/Delete/Restore & subsequent backups

2010-01-06 02:15:53
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backup/Delete/Restore & subsequent backups
From: "Steve Costaras" <stevecs AT chaven DOT com>
To: "mehma sarja" <mehmasarja AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 07:13:44 +0000

Yes, they are there for testing the only schedule I am using at this point is the 'loki-schedule' for that single client which has full, diff, & incremental.   backups themselves /are/ working and I can restore from them., the config passes the ./bacula-dir -t test without problems as well.

The problem was that when I did the restore the NEXT backup for that client would pull in all the restored files which, for the test directory I tried was around 1-2 TiB, was not something trivial.    So everything is 'working' as a backup-restore it's just not recognizing that the files that are on disk are the /same/ files it has on tape so is treating them as 'new'.

In the fileset I have Accurate=mcs5 so I'm just checking modify, create, size and md5 hash (not inode) so it (I would assume) should match the files in the catalogue?

steve