Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Exchange - Error: HrESEBackupSetup failed

2010-01-05 06:27:07
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Exchange - Error: HrESEBackupSetup failed
From: "James Harper" <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
To: "Carlo Filippetto" <carlo.filippetto AT gmail DOT com>, "bacula-users" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 22:24:46 +1100

> Hi,
> I have a Windows 2008 Server 64bit, with Exchange 2007.
>
> I found this error on backups:
>
> ----------------------------------
> 05-Jan 11:26 sic-sbs-fd JobId 176: Preparing Exchange Backup for
SIC-SBS
> 05-Jan 11:26 sic-sbs-fd JobId 176: Error: HrESEBackupSetup failed with
error
> 0xc800020e - Unknown error.
> 05-Jan 11:26 sic-sbs-fd JobId 176: VSS Writer (BackupComplete):
"System
> Writer", State: 0x1 (VSS_WS_STABLE)
> ----------------------------------
>
> what does it means?
>
> What I have to do to correct this problem

According to the header files:

// MessageId: hrInvalidBackup
//
// MessageText:
//
//  An incremental backup cannot be performed when circular logging is
enabled.
//
#define hrInvalidBackup                  ((HRESULT)0xC800020EL)

So you have your Exchange database set to circular logging, where no
logfiles are kept except for the current one, and you have tried to do
an incremental backup.

Either turn of Circular Logging, or don't do Incremental/Differential
backups.

James