Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Winbacula 3.0.3a client vs. 3.0.3 server

2010-01-03 10:40:05
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Winbacula 3.0.3a client vs. 3.0.3 server
From: "Timo Neuvonen" <timo-news AT tee-en DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 17:36:27 +0200
"Dan Langille" <dan AT langille DOT org> kirjoitti viestissä
news:4B40A38F.3090501 AT langille DOT org...
> Timo Neuvonen wrote:
>> I just noticed there are Winbacula 3.0.3a clients, dated 2009-12-15.
>> I didn't find any information what this version is... sounds like some
>> urgent fix to 3.0.3. It even has the same release notes- file like 3.0.3,
>> with no reference to a-suffix.
>>
>> AFAIK, Bacula does not support FD that is newer than DIR/SD.
>> Is it safe to use 3.0.3a client with 3.0.3 DIR/SD? I think otherwise its
>> existence didn't make any sense...?
>
> I think so.  It's version differences which are significant, but a, b, c
> are usually not very important.
>
> Tried it?

Now I did. Works, I think.

> "This manual documents Bacula version 3.0.3a (06 December 2009)"
> http://www.bacula.org/3.0.x-manuals/en/install/install/Bacula_Installation_Configu.html
>
> 3.0.3a is mentioned here:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT
> net/msg05607.html

Hmm... it obviously fixes something restore-related.

I quickly scanned thru the sublect-lines in devel-list too, and didn't see
the version number. Maybe I should have googled... Thanks for the links!

--
TiN