Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Only one job runs before I have to recycle the daemons

2009-12-26 18:48:22
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Only one job runs before I have to recycle the daemons
From: mehma sarja <mehmasarja AT gmail DOT com>
To: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 15:45:15 -0800
Yep, that was it. I commented some parts of the message block out and bacula runs fine. Also did some research on the net and found ssmtp - installed it on my ubuntu machine and am using it instead of bsmtp to send messages to my gmail account - which needs authentication - port 587. I need to see how I can get the subject and from blocks working correctly.

Thanks Bruno.

Mehma
===

On Fri, Dec 25, 2009 at 12:52 AM, Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch> wrote:
On 12/25/2009 12:39 AM, mehma sarja wrote:
> I can run one job and the next job freezes. Nothing in the logs. Any help?
>
> Mehma

Hi Mehma.

If you use bsmtp, just check that you mailer is really running. We detect this problem last week
Postfix was running ( a ps aux | grep post ) give you some result. But it's state is in throtling
(can be checked in log). bsmtp get a connexion but cannot deliver the message. and bacula-dir is waiting forever
a return which does not arrive.

After correcting the postfix, everything is going right.

--

    Bruno Friedmann