Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Log partition weirdness

2009-12-23 18:05:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Log partition weirdness
From: Robert LeBlanc <robert AT leblancnet DOT us>
To: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 15:57:27 -0700
On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 2:21 PM, Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com> wrote:

Possibly you have sparse files in /var/log?  Bacula can handle those better if
you use the sparse=yes option in the FileSet (see the doc for more).

I tried the sparse=yes, but that didn't help. I worked though a file list and found the culprit to be lastlog. Although it is only 27 lines (using the lastlog program), it is 216GB. It is supposed to be a sparse file, but bacula is still estimating it at 216GB. Since I can't sparse a particular file, I just may exclude it as it's not critical for restore.

Thanks for the help.

Robert LeBlanc
Life Sciences & Undergraduate Education Computer Support
Brigham Young University