Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with backup to usb

2009-12-22 13:09:59
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with backup to usb
From: "Timo Neuvonen" <timo-news AT tee-en DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 20:05:20 +0200
"Pedro Gomes" <pedromvgomes AT hotmail DOT com> kirjoitti viestissä
news:ba07c74f0912220121u368d1bc6g24e91d2c340a399b AT mail.gmail DOT com...
> Folder as mode set to 777, i know that i won't be necessary all the
> permissions but even so i'm no able to make it work.
> As for mount, the usb drive is auto-mounted via etc/fstab.

I don't know the terminology here, so does "folder mode" have something to
do with device file permissions? If not, have a look if the corresponding
device file in /dev/ has permissions that allow SD to write into it. It may
require touching udev conf files to make any required changes permanent.

> The filesystem is FAT32, is there any problem with this ?

Shouldn't be. But if it were ext3, it could still have internal conflicting
permissions.

> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 8:40 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
> wrote:
>> 2009/12/21 Pedro Miguel Ventura Gomes <pedromvgomes AT hotmail DOT com>:
>>> I'm not being able to backup for a mounted usb external disk.
>>>
>>> My jobs fail with this error:
>>>
>>> 21-Dec 19:29 Home-Server-sd JobId 21: Warning: label.c:351 Open device
>>> "usb-drive-1" (/mnt/usb1/backups) Volume "CatalogBackup-0001" failed:
>>> ERR=dev.c:490 Could not open: /mnt/usb1/backups/CatalogBackup-0001,