Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Configuration query

2009-12-11 21:53:00
Subject: [Bacula-users] Configuration query
From: "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor AT gsoft.com DOT au>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 12:55:20 +1030
Hi,
I am interested in replacing our current backup system (hand rolled
shell scripts) with Bacula but I'm having a bit of trouble converting
things :)

Our current system does daily, weekly & monthly backups. The daily &
weeklies have the same stuff but the monthly has stuff that isn't
modified as much.

One requirement I am not sure how to do properly is for onsite/offsite
copies.

Currently for weeklies and monthlies the script spools the data to a
disk partition and then transfers this to tape, then reads back the
tape to generate an md5 which is compares to the spool version.

Is there a way to get Bacula to do the same thing?

Thanks.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum