Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Possible to merge backups?

2009-12-09 03:37:18
Subject: [Bacula-users] Possible to merge backups?
From: Niklas Hagman - FiberDirekt AB <niklas.hagman AT fiberdirekt DOT se>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 09:33:41 +0100
* I would like to merge backups with a "move" type of consolidation. Not
a "copy". Is it possible?

* If the above is not possible, can I choose which backups to be
included in a Virtual Backup (Vbackup)? It seems like Vbackup only
support to consolidate everything. Like having a chain of F+I+I+I+I and
now want to consolidate the two first backups, F+I, so the chain will
look like F+I+F+I+I+I. This makes it possible to remove the first F+I.

Reason I want this is to reduce disk space usage.