Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Rotation tape problem

2009-12-03 09:51:27
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Rotation tape problem
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: innop AT voila DOT fr, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 09:48:08 -0500
>> Imagine my company close exceptionally Friday. It's impossible for the
>> person to change the tape. Also we have not a Full Backup of the week
>> because tape is in status "Used". Consequently the person change tape on
>> Monday the "Volume Use Duration" move and after it's impossible to change
>> tape on Friday.
>>
>> Do you understand my problem ?
>>
>> Maybe if an option exists to unused the volume (by bconsole) I can create a
>> crontab ? Or unused the volume after all jobs ?
>>
>> Thank you very much.
>>
>> Innop.
>>

> No idea ? :/

I do not totally follow you.

However I believe that you do not want
Volume Use Duration = 7 days

because this is an exact duration and it may cause you problems with
the first job on the next week. That is why I chose  5. Not sure if
days is a floating point so you may have to specify something like 6.5
days in hours.

John