Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Users AppData missing (2008/Vista)

2009-12-01 10:50:16
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Users AppData missing (2008/Vista)
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Shawn <shawn AT artemide DOT us>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 10:47:51 -0500
On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Shawn <shawn AT artemide DOT us> wrote:
I didn't see what you meant, but you were right, in the Exclude section was:

Wild = "[A-Z]:/Users/*/AppData/*"

Albeit that is certainly a mulligan - even if I have No excludes at all against the AppData directory - strangely, Bacula will just not back anything up but folder names within that AppData directory - and not even all folders.

I can specify */AppData/Roaming, or */AppData/Local - it doesn't matter, it doesn't even Try to back them up!

I will conduct more experiments on this, but so far - even adding an Include of a WildDir against all directories within AppData just isn't helping.

I have abolished all AppData excludes, and even with the following as the only includes, all it will back up is */AppData/Local/History - Nothing else:

      WildDir = "[A-Z]:/Users/*/AppData"
      Wild = "[A-Z]:/Users/*/AppData/*"
      WildDir = "[A-Z]:/Users/*/AppData/Local"
      Wild = "[A-Z]:/Users/*/AppData/Local/*"
      WildDir = "[A-Z]:/Users/*/AppData/LocalLow"
      Wild = "[A-Z]:/Users/*/AppData/LocalLow/*"
      WildDir = "[A-Z]:/Users/*/AppData/Roaming"
      Wild = "[A-Z]:/Users/*/AppData/Roaming/*"

On a side note, however, I'm a tad overdue for a Bacula Director upgrade, so maybe there was a fix they already knew about in regards to this - especially since VSS is floppy on the version I'm running. We'll see.

This may have something to do with ntfs junction points (folders that are symbolic links to real folders somehwere else on the ntfs filesystem but I am not sure. I do not have any Vista or Windows7 machines on my network.

--
John M. Drescher