Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Windows agent and Full levels

2009-12-01 08:09:19
Subject: [Bacula-users] Windows agent and Full levels
From: Xavier Romero <XRomero AT nexica DOT com>
To: bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 13:25:51 +0100
Running bacula server 3.0.2 on a CentOS 5.3 64bits.

Q: I run a job on a Windows agent (version 3.0.3) that fails about once a week,
with the following messages:
01-Dec 03:01 etdhou01-fd JobId 1776: Fatal error:
/home/kern/bacula/k/bacula/src/filed/job.c:1920 Comm error with SD. bad
response to Append Data. ERR=Unknown error

Any idea what could be wrong?

Q: To troubleshoot scenarios like that, I would like to set a schedule somehow
to achieve a behaviour like automatically running a Full instead of Inc if the
last Full failed. Is it possible? (Its just what an Inc does when job ran for
first time)

Q: Also worrying about Fulls :-) is somehow possible to set the retention
policy to not purge if the *last surviving* Full is gonna be affected?

Q: We're switching from Veritas NetBackup, and it has a feature that we're
missing now though: client ability to restore its own backups, and only these!
Some kind of user/permission management to grant machines access (console) to
their own backups would be very appreciated here!

Thank you all very much !
Xavier Romero.