Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Full/Differential with one job

2009-09-11 19:35:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Full/Differential with one job
From: Cedric Tefft <logicloop AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Joseph L. Casale" <JCasale AT activenetwerx DOT com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 16:30:54 -0700
Joseph L. Casale wrote:
>> Really?  Where does it say that, exactly?  I looked at what I believe in
>> the relevant section of the manual, and I came away with a completely
>> different understanding.
>>

> In the middle of general Functionality of
> http://www.bacula.org/en/dev-manual/Variable_Expansion.html
>
> But, now that I read it only says "When using" not only for. Problem is
> I can't make it work for anything else:)

OK, I see the problem.  "Variable Expansion" is a concept used mostly
(exclusively?) by the LabelFormat directive inside Pool resource
definitions:

http://bacula.org/3.0.x-manuals/en/install/install/Configuring_Director.html#SECTION006150000000000000000

Unfortunately, this is more or less irrelevant to what you're doing.
You need to be looking at the section of the manual that details the Job
resource, specifically the RunScript directive:

http://bacula.org/3.0.x-manuals/en/install/install/Configuring_Director.html#SECTION00630000000000000000

- Cedric