Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Source Forge GIT repository URL change

2009-08-20 08:04:17
Subject: [Bacula-users] Source Forge GIT repository URL change
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: "bacula-devel" <bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 14:00:49 +0200
Hello,

This is to inform you that yesterday, Source Forge changed the URL of our
Bacula source GIT repository.  They did so to permit projects to have multiple
GIT repositories --  (very good!).

Those of you, especially those running nightly regression testing, who have
cloned the GIT repository will need to make a minor modification to the config
file or to delete the old repository and clone a new one.

The simplest solution is to:

cd <your-repo-directory>/.git
(edit the file "config")
and change the line that reads:

url = git://bacula.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/bacula

url = git://bacula.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/bacula/bacula

That is just append a /bacula to the end of the URL.

If you do not feel at ease directly editing the git config file, then:

rm -rf <your-repo-directory>
git clone git://bacula.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/bacula/bacula
<your-repo-directory>

Sorry for the inconvenience ...

Regression testing:

Since we have switched to git, a number of you who were previously doing
nightly
testing have not yet moved to git.  It takes a bit of work, especially if you
are
running on a system like CentOS or RedHat where there is no git package,
but we would really appreciate the effort to put in place nightly regressions.
Running regression tests helps you ensure that when we release a new version,
it will work on your system without unpleasant surprises!

If you have not done regression testing, and you have a few extra cycles to
spare
every night (or when you want), it is not very hard to set up Bacula regression
testing
on a machine.  It is reasonably well documented in the Developer's guide, and
if you have any questions or problems, you can feel free to email us on
the bacula-devel email list.  Anyone can do regression testing and post it
to the Bacula regression dash board:

 http://regress.bacula.org/index.php?project=bacula

If you do decide to do regression testing, it can be helpful for us if you send
the "name" you use to identify your regression tests with your email address.
That way, if we detect any problems and need to understand what your environment
is, we can more easily contact you.

For those of you who have been testing (Frank and DassIT): many thanks.

Best regards,

Kern