Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] disk full, need to reset and upgrade

2009-08-04 05:07:18
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] disk full, need to reset and upgrade
From: Marc Schiffbauer <marc AT schiffbauer DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 11:02:24 +0200
Hi Thomas,

there is an exclude feature in previous bacula versions as well. And
if you are talking about the new "Exclude Dir Containing" feature:

You can achieve the same behavior in 2.x versions of bacula with an
Exclude setting like this:

FileSet {
  Name = "MyFileSet"
  Include {
    Options {
    }
    File = ...
  }
  Exclude {
    File = "\\|sh -c 'for D in / /var /home; do find $D -xdev -name
.BACULA_NO_BACKUP -type f -printf \"%h\\n\"; done | tee
/root/bacula_excluded_dirs.log'"
  }
}

You have to put the relevant filesystems into the list of the for-loop. In this
case all dirs containing a file ".BACULA_NO_BACKUP" within
the /, /var or /home filesystem will not be backed up. And you will find a list
of directories that have been excluded this way in
/root/bacula_excluded_dirs.log

I am using this mechanism since years and it works very well.

-Marc

--
8AAC 5F46 83B4 DB70 8317  3723 296C 6CCA 35A6 4134