Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] moving backups to another server

2009-08-03 03:18:38
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] moving backups to another server
From: Silver Salonen <silver AT ultrasoft DOT ee>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 10:15:03 +0300
On Monday 06 July 2009 15:31:49 Silver Salonen wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have a Bacula 3.0.0 server running many clients' jobs. Now I've installed
> another server and would like to move all the jobs in there. I copied over
the
> configuration and made the necessary changes to storages' resources, so that
> new backups should now transfer to the new server. I also copied over the
> data.
>
> Is there a way to continue with the correct backup-levels, so that new
servers
> wouldn't start with all the full backups again - some tables I should
export-
> import?
>
> --
> Silver

I just bscanned all the volumes, marked them Used and let Bacula start doing
backups on them. The weird thing is that Bacula keeps asking for an appendable
volume for every such job, although the retention times of some of the volumes
are already over and the pool is right too. If I purge a volume, the backup
can use it just OK.

The pool has always had and still has these options:
Recycle = yes
Recycle Oldest Volume = yes
AutoPrune = yes

Another weird thing is that Bat shows all these volumes having 2 jobs, but all
the "good" ones have only 1. Also, "First Written" is "0000-00-00 00:00:00"
for these bscanned volumes.

Any guesses on why Bacula can't use these volumes without me purging them
manually?

PS. The Bacula server is 3.0.2 now.

--
Silver