Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] rejected Hello command

2009-07-31 16:02:18
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] rejected Hello command
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 20:55:34 +0100

>     The problem is the following:
>
> 30-Jun 10:31 skydro-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: File daemon at
> "10.6.4.230:9102" rejected Hello command
>
>     This happens on Microsoft Windows Vista x64, Windows 2008 Server
> x64, and Windows 2003 x64.
>
>     Version I am using on the client ends are "win64bacula-3.0.1.exe"
>
>     The file server itself is an Ubuntu 64-bit, jaunty, server edition,
> with latest bacula-director package, using mysql locally for a DB.

The error sounds like a version mismatch to me.  What is the exact version of
your bacula-director package?  I think it must be 3.x to work with a 3.x file
daemon.

If you are running a 3.x director, then try setting debug level 200 and see
what output that generates.  In particular, the "<filed" debug message should
show what the file daemon returns when it rejects the hello.

__Martin