Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] duplicate job control

2009-07-31 05:21:30
Subject: [Bacula-users] duplicate job control
From: Bram Vandoren <bram.vandoren AT ster.kuleuven DOT be>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 10:41:29 +0200
Dear All,
Bacula (3.0.2) is configured to make daily backups of some systems. Full
backups unfortunately take more then one day to complete and I want to
avoid that duplicate jobs start (or are queued) before the full backup
is completed.

No duplicate job control directives are configured. If I understand the
manual correctly (perhaps it's an interpretation error of me)
http://www.bacula.org/en/dev-manual/New_Features.html#SECTION003100000000000000000
this should not happen.

I had a quick look in the source code and found this code in src/dird/job.c:

bool allow_duplicate_job(JCR *jcr)
{
   JOB *job = jcr->job;
   JCR *djcr;                /* possible duplicate */

   if (job->AllowDuplicateJobs) {
      return true;
   }
   if (!job->AllowHigherDuplicates) {
        --> code related to "Cancel Queued Duplicates: and "Cancel Running
Duplicates" here
   }
   return true;
}

Apparently "Cancel Queued Duplicates" and "Cancel Running Duplicates"
are only evaluated when "Allow Higher Duplicates" is set to "no" - not
default. Is this an error in the documentation, code or me not correctly
understanding the manual or code?

Kind regards,
Bram Vandoren.