Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] one time local full and then remote differentials

2009-07-30 08:11:45
Subject: [Bacula-users] one time local full and then remote differentials
From: Keith Stevens <keith AT acsinc DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 16:06:03 -0400
I dug around in the archives but didn't find this yet so I'll ask.
I need to do a 50 gig remote backup with only a T-1 at the remote site.
I want to perform the initial full backup of the data locally from a USB
drive image of the remote data, and then update the bacula client
and job configurations to point to the remote server and somehow
"trick" Bacula into performing only differential backups
of the remote site using the backup from the USB drive.

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
However, this is not necessarily a good idea. -- RFC 1925