Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] create_database and create_tables

2009-07-28 13:13:19
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] create_database and create_tables
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 19:04:43 +0200
MyKey0815 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I think I have found a small "bug": I have install Bacula 3.0.2 (Win32) and
> want to run "create_database". I have the message: "File not found"
>
> Now open the script and see, the path to my mysql.exe is wrong. In the script
> is "S:\XAMPP\mysql\bin\bin\mysql", but the file is only in
> "S:\XAMPP\mysql\bin\mysql"
>
> BTW: The same behavior with the file create_tables ;-)
>
> OK, I correct that. Start the script again. Now an other messages: "ERROR
> 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' using password: NO)
>
> How can I correct that?
>
> Thanks
> Michael

As I remember the create_table script doesn't create a user database at the
same time.
To connect at mysql you need two thing a 'root' user (it's call like that in
mysql and is the super-administator of the db )

When you can connect to mysql mysql-query-browser, mysql-admin-gui, phpmyadmin
with the root user you can create a user for bacula.

also check inside your my.cnf config file that the skip-networking line is
commented ( It should under windows ).

--

     Bruno Friedmann