Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bconsole password

2009-07-21 17:12:42
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bconsole password
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 14:08:40 -0700
If you are talking about bconsole on Unix: remove the execute permission
for your usual user, and use sudo to launch bconsole as a different
user. Sudo can ask for a password.

In Windows, you can achieve a similar effect also by removing the
permissions for that user, and then in the shortcut to bwx-console,
under Advanced check "Run with different credentials".

Mike Eggleston wrote:
> Morning,
>
> This morning I have been asked if there is a way to put a password on
> bconsole, such that a password is required to 'login' to bconsole before
> performing a restore, etc. Is a password enabling option for bconsole
> already there or do I need to hack the source (if management decides a
> password is needed)?
>
> Mike

Kevin Keane
Owner
The NetTech
Find the Uncommon: Expert Solutions for a Network You Never Have to Think About

Office: 866-642-7116
http://www.4nettech.com

This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential and/or
proprietary information. Please be advised that the unauthorized use or
disclosure of the information is strictly prohibited. The information herein is
intended only for use by the intended recipient(s) named above. If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and
permanently delete the e-mail and any copies, printouts or attachments thereof.