Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] building bacula storage daemon only

2009-07-20 03:06:43
Subject: [Bacula-users] building bacula storage daemon only
From: Bobby Castleberry <bobby AT castleberry-farms DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 01:34:53 -0500
Hello all, I am testing Bacula out and running into a bit of confusion.
>>From the documentation it appears that I can have the storage daemon and
director installed on separate systems.  When searching for
documentation for just building the storage daemon alone it seems like
either it's not possible or nobody is really doing it.  When I attempt a
configure using:
./configure --sbindir=/opt/bacula/bin/ --sysconfdir=/opt/bacula/etc/
--mandir=/opt/bacula/man/ --disable-build-dird --enable-largefile
--disable-nls
It complains about not having an sql library defined.  Does the storage
daemon have a direct connection to the sql server without going through
the director?  Is there something obvious that I'm missing with
configuration options?

--

Bobby Castleberry
Contegix