Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula job times out after 2 hours 11 mins 15 secs

2009-07-08 13:03:00
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula job times out after 2 hours 11 mins 15 secs
From: Gavin McCullagh <gavin.mccullagh AT gcd DOT ie>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 17:32:31 +0100
Hi,

On Wed, 08 Jul 2009, Gavin McCullagh wrote:

> I've set a heartbeat interval of 60 seconds on the director and am running
> the backup again to see what happens.

Actually, this didn't solve it.  Despite the heartbeat packets visibly
(in tcpdump) going from director to FD, the connection dropped at the same
point anyway.

I then added the heartbeat interval to the FD too, so you can now see a
heartbeat from DIR->FD and an ACK back from FD->DIR.  I now have a backup
job running 2 hours 40 minutes and counting.

That seems to be it.  I guess perhaps the connection originated from the
DIR so the firewall is only happy if it sees packets coming from the system
which was connected _to_.

Gavin