Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] runbeforejob/runafterjob

2009-07-03 15:04:45
Subject: [Bacula-users] runbeforejob/runafterjob
From: Jeff Shanholtz <jeffsubs AT shanholtz DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 11:49:34 -0700

I’d like to run a script before all my scheduled jobs start and another one after they all end, as opposed to before/after a single job runs. I’d like the “after” script to run immediately after the jobs are done, otherwise I’d just use the Windows task scheduler. I figured I’d be able to create a “before” job and an “after” job, but it appears that jobs must perform some actual Bacula task. So is my only alternative to put the “before” directive in the first job and the “after” directive in the last job?

In other words, these scripts aren’t specific to a particular job so I want to disassociate them from the individual jobs if possible.