Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restoring large directory does not work

2009-06-26 15:01:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restoring large directory does not work
From: mehma sarja <mehmasarja AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 11:53:26 -0700
Thanks Martin,

You have put a good closure on the quest for knowledge. If I upgrade Bacula, will I have to upgrade the database? Meaning do I have to run those update table scripts. I am on postgresql version 8.29.

Yudhvir

OK, this shows why it is slow.  The algorithm in add_findex is only efficient
when called with consecutive index values (the third number printed).

The code for "restore all" in 2.4.4 doesn't do that, so it can take a very
long time to complete.  This was fixed in later version, so I think the best
solution is to upgrade Bacula.

__Martin